Counselors - Teachers - Parents - RNs - Speakers
Resources listed here will help you guide, counsel, teach, and educate young people and adults what is involved in becoming and being a professional Registered Nurse in the 21st Century.
In this new millennium, the umbrella of opportunity for today’s RN is as big as her/his determination, grit, and imagination. Nursing career paths and opportunities are available—in fact, nursing positions are expanding faster than the current supply of nurses can fill.
Surf the pages created for Middle School, High School, and Adult students. They will identify for you up-to-date facts about:
• Educational paths to a nursing degree
• Specialty nursing roles
• Recommended high school and/or advanced placement courses
• Education and licensure requirements
• Texas Nursing Schools & contact information
• Financial aid and scholarship resources
• Salary potential
• What working Texas RNs say (see FAQs)
• And more.
Check out these available resources:
» Middle/High School & Adult Student pages
» Video-by-Mail Loan Library (available only to Texas residents/addresses)
» Print Materials Available
» Shadow-A-Nurse Experience
» Finding RN Speakers
» Texas Schools of Nursing