TPAPN's 2015 Spring Workshop
(Advocate & Faculty Liaison Training)
April 10 - 11, 2015 | Austin, TX
Location: Embassy Suites Arboretum Austin
9505 Stonelake Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759
The Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses is always honored to have generous support from sponsors and event exhibitors. At this year’s Spring Advocate & Faculty Liaison Workshop – thanks to sponsor support – we are privileged to include special Saturday morning presentations: "Looking Good, Doing Well & Taking Care of Others: Identifying Psychiatric & Substance Use Disorders in Nurses & Related DSM V Changes", by Dr. John Lehman, Ph.D and "Treating the Professional Nurse: Best Substance Use Disorder Treatment Practices" by Shane Moes, MA, LPC, CAADC.
In addition to nurse volunteers from across Texas, TPAPN is inviting treatment and mental health providers to its Spring Advocate Workshop, including individual counselors and employers of nurses in Texas. As a way for TPAPN supporters to extend their involvement and level of participation, a number of sponsorship/exhibitor opportunities are being made available for the spring workshop. We invite you to explore the list, select a sponsorship that best suits you, and join with us in supporting the mission of TPAPN.
Register for exhibition early - space is limited!
• Platinum Sponsorship includes: $2500 Exhibit space/table for both days (1-2 exhibitors per table); full workshop registration (including meals) for both days of workshop; inclusion of company name, representative’s name and your specific level of sponsorship in the Advocate Workshop Notebook; one page of advertising space for sponsor’s full color ad (sponsor to provide original ad to TPAPN in suitable format) in the Advocate Workshop Notebook; sponsor’s logo included on TPAPN website (tpapn.org) linking to sponsor’s website (for 6 months), an opportunity to speak at lunch on Saturday regarding your organization, and verbal acknowledgement each day
• Gold Sponsorship: $1500 Exhibit space/table for both days (1-2 exhibitors per table); full workshop registration (including meals) for both days of workshop; inclusion of company name, representative’s name and your specific level of sponsorship in the Advocate Workshop Notebook; one page of advertising space for sponsor’s full color ad (sponsor to provide original ad to TPAPN in suitable format) in the Advocate Workshop Notebook; and verbal acknowledgement each day
• Silver Sponsorship: $500 Exhibit space/table for both days (1-2 exhibitors per table); full workshop registration (including meals) for both days of workshop; inclusion of company and your specific level of sponsorship in the Advocate Workshop Notebook; and verbal acknowledgement each day
• EXHIBITORS: $300 per day Exhibit space/table, includes meals (1-2 exhibitors per table),inclusion of company in the Advocate Workshop Notebook
If you have questions or need more information please contact Katy Davila at 512-467-7027 x 105.
We would like to thank you for your continued service and support of Texas nurses in recovery.
Please mail payments (Checks or money orders only) to:
C/o Texas Nurses Foundation
8501 N. MoPac Expy., Ste. 400
Austin, TX 78759
When: April 10 – 11, 2015
Where: Embassy Suites Arboretum Austin*
9505 Stonelake Blvd.
Austin, TX 78729
Exhibit Set up: 8:00 a.m. 4/10/2015 Break down: 3:30 p.m. 4/11/2015
Friday: 8-5 Session/ 6.75 Contact Hours; 8.1 Total TCBAP Hours
Saturday: 8-4:30 Session/4.58 Contact Hours; TCBAP: 3.6 TCBAP Hours
(Must attend the full workshop each day to receive hours)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. TPAPN Staff
1. Relate one’s role as an advocate or faculty liaison to TPAPN’s mission.
2. Describe TPAPN’s relationship to the Texas Nurses Foundation and the Texas BON.
3. Identify the intake process as pertains to 3rd party and self-referrals.
4. Ascertain what program forms participants must complete for each phase of participation, from assessment to completion.
5. Consider the rationale for the major terms of participation including drug testing.
6. Recognize the value that TPAPN restrictions play as part of a sound recovery.
7. Explain how "work monitors" function for TPAPN.
8. Consider positive ways to support participants, from referral to completion or dismissal.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 10:30a.m. Dr. John Lehman, Ph.D
1. To gain knowledge of useful tools to assist in identifying impairment and relapses.
2. To gain a greater understanding of the impact of the DSM V on the assessment process.
3. To gain a greater understanding of how dual diagnoses develops.
Saturday: 10:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. Shane Moes, MA, LPC, CAADC
1. Ascertain two significant developments in TPAPN during the past 12 months.
2. Propose how you can implement advocacy for TPAPN nurses given program changes and needs.
Following the presentation and lunch, the workshop will continue and conclude with the Advocate Recognition Ceremony, frequently noted by attendees as a most inspiring event.
Hotel Reservations: TPAPN has special rates at Embassy Suites Arboretum Austin. Reservations should be made by 3/19/2015, rate is ($139.00), please call (800)362-2779, refer to the group name TP2 or Texas Peer Assistance.
The Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses is a program of the Texas Nurses Foundation.
Texas Nurses Association/Foundation Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses approved by the TCBAP Standards Committee, Provider No. 0651-91 (11.7) hours general , Expires 04/15.
Complaints about provider or workshop content may be directed to the TCBAP Standards Committee, 1005 Congress Avenue, Ste. 460, Austin, Texas 78701, Fax Number (512)476-7297.