• NEW Approved/active volunteers
• Active volunteers that haven't attended an Advocate Workshop for 3 years
Cost: No charge to TPAPN Advocates includes workshop materials, Contact hours and meals.
Registration: 8:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.
Lunch, breaks and materials will be provided to all workshop attendees who have preregistered.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. session/3.0 Contact Hours; 4.2 Total TCBAP Hours
(Must attend the full workshop to receive hours)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. TPAPN Staff
1. Establish appropriate boundaries when working with behavioral participants.
2. Recognize the value that work restrictions play, as part of a sound recovery, related to various chronic disease models.
3. Identify inappropriate use of social media and electronic communication.
4. Explain the rationale for the major terms of participation in nursing peer assistance program.
5. Identify obligation under the nurse practice act related to reporting impairment.
6. Describe the role of therapeutic communication when dealing with impaired nurses.
Hotel Reservations: TPAPN has special rates at Double Tree by Hilton Austin NW Arboretum rate is ($135.00). Reservations should be made by 10/16/2016, go to http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/A/AUSBPDT-TPA-20161101/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
and refer to the group name: TPA.
The Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses is a program of the Texas Nurses Foundation.
Texas Nurses Association/ Foundation Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses approved by the TCBAP Standards Committee, Provider No. 0651-91 (7.7) hours general, Expires 04/17.
Complaints about provider or workshop content may be directed to the TCBAP Standards Committee, 1005 Congress Avenue, Ste. 460, Austin, Texas, 78701, Fax Number (512)467-7297.