In this tense, stressful and challenging times, Nurse Chats provides space for nurses to share experiences, frustrations, successes, and questions. Nurses are putting themselves at risk, sacrificing a lot and have a lot of responsibility. Self-care during this time is crucial.
Based on the Nursing Salon model, Nurse Chats brings together groups of 10-20 nurses for an informal discussion led by a peer facilitator. No agenda, no minutes, no follow up. Just share what’s on your mind with people who understand. Your name will not be shared with anyone.
Reoccurring weekly sessions in June:
- Monday at 6 pm
- Wednesday at 1 pm
- Thursday at 8 pm
- Friday at 10 am
- Saturday at 10 am
- June 11, Thursday at 10 am
- June 17, Wednesday at 6 pm
- June 29, Monday at 8 pm
Nurse Chats will take place through a conference call. Your facilitator's name, dial-in information and an access code will be sent in a confirmation email. The facilitator will remain on the line for 10 minutes. If there are no participants, they will close the chat.
Participation in the Nurse Chats groups is voluntary. Confidentiality within the group setting is a shared responsibility of all members. By agreeing to participate each member confirms and agrees to keep all communications confidential and will not disclose to anyone outside the group any information that may help to identify another group member. Each member agrees to the following information:
- Every member of the group acknowledges the need to keep personal information shared in the group private. This would include names, identifying information, physical descriptions, biological information, names of the members employer, or specific content of interactions with other group members.
- Any information shared by a group member with the group about him- or herself should be considered personal and private information.
- In order to become a group member, each member must agree to protect private information. Information gathered about other members of the group cannot be shared with anyone else.
Nurses Chat will adhere to all professional, legal, and ethical guidelines of confidentiality established by professional organizations and state law.