Resources for Nurses Affected by Hurricane Harvey
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Posted by: Nadia Tamez-Robledo
The Texas Nurses Association has compiled a list of resources for nurses affected by Hurricane
Harvey. Check back for updates as more information is added.
THANK YOU Strategic Partners, Inc. for supporting Texas nurses following Hurricane Harvey
SPI is the manufacture of Cherokee Uniforms, Dickies Medical Apparel, Certinity, Certinity Plus, Heartsoul, Saphire Scrubs, CAREISMA by Sofia Vegara, Code Happy, Anywhere Footwear. They not only got the word out that financial donations were needed for nurses impacted by Hurricane Harvey but have also provided several uniform units to the following retail outlets. These uniforms will to be donated or sold at a steep discount to help nurses get back to work in style.
- TMC Scrubs N More (7227 Fannin location), 7227 Fanning St., Suite 105, Houston, TX 77030 – Contact: Ashwin Patel – 713-797-9400
- PRN Uniforms & Medical, 921 Cypress Creek Pkwy Ste122, Houston, TX 77090 – Contact: Dilip Patel – 281-440-7894
- Northshore Medical Supply (Humble location), 9700 FM 1960 Bypass Rd., Houston, TX 77338 – Contact: Schura Normand – 281-446-4606
- Medical Uniforms (Sugarland location), 16126 Southwest Frwy Ste 160, Sugar Land, TX 77479 – Contact: Elnaz Mahnoudy – 281-277-2111
- Uniform Specialists of Katy, 22129 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450 – Contact Theresa Konvicka – 281-391-0098
- 304 Scrubs Etc (Conroe location), 15210 Interstate 45S, Suite 109, Conroe, TX 77384 – Contact: Donna Miller – 281-419-1981
- Adaptive Medical Equipment, 8701 Broadway St Ste 101, Pearland, TX 77584 – Contact: Dawn Touchet – 281-485-8881
The Texas Board of Nurse Examiners is issuing waivers for out-of-state nurses to volunteer. Please visit their website for more information: https://www.bon.texas.gov/hurricaneharvey.asp
DWC bulletin and webpage offer resources after the storm
Worker's Compensation Commissioner, Ryan Brannan, has issued a bulletin
with guidance on workers' compensation matters in response to Hurricane Harvey and flooding in Texas.
The Division of Workers' Compensation has also launched a hurricane resource webpage
with helpful information for injured employees, carriers, and health care providers affected by the storm.
- Harris County Emergency Management: (713) 881-3100
- City of Houston Information Line: 3-1-1
- Evacuation Assistance: 2-1-1
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office Non-Emergency: (713) 221-6000
- Coast Guard Rescue: (281) 464-4851, 4852, 4853
- Legal hotlines have been set up in Austin. Call 1-800-504-7030 for any legal questions.
Nurses helping nurses affected by Hurricane Harvey
The Texas Nurses Foundation is accepting contributions to help nurses affected by Hurricane Harvey. Visit the Donation page.
Texas Nurses Association is contributing administrative expenses so that 100% of donations will be distributed directly to nurses living in any one of the Texas counties declared a disaster area.
The Texas Nurses Foundation will continue to accept contributions through Nov. 30, 2017.
Any funds remaining after March 31, 2018 will be donated to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund established by the city of Houston.