Article Submission Guidelines and Deadlines
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Texas Nurses Association accepts articles for consideration for publication in the Texas Nursing Magazine. We reserve the right to edit as needed for content and length.
When submitting an article, please follow these simple, common sense rules:
1. Please keep your submissions on subjects of interest to nurses/nursing.
|Texas Nursing Magazine
July 5, 2016 – for Summer 2016
October 4, 2016 – for Fall 2016
January 4, 2017 – for Winter 2017
April 5, 2017 – for Spring 2017
July 5, 2017 – Summer 2017
October 4, 2017 – for Fall 2017
Submissions received after a deadline (regardless of how close) will be considered for the next issue.
a) Please submit all pieces in a Word document with no fancy formatting or fonts.
b) Do not indent.
c) Do not use HTML tags in your piece, except for links.
4. Length: Please keep the length of the submission to under 1,800 words. Include an reference list (does not count against word limit).
5. Please include a short (one small paragraph) bio with your piece, and include an email address to which you would like to have correspondence sent. If you have a website, please include that as well.
6. Always, always link to sources. Always! If you make a statement that isn't common knowledge, especially statistics, you must back it up with a link. If you need help with this, you can always ask us for some research tips.
7. Please title your submission. (Note that TNA may decide to change it at publication.)
8. Please let us know whether or not your piece is an original submission. We prefer them to be original, but we will reprint exceptional pieces.
9. If your submission is rejected, please don't stop sending. Acceptance depends on a variety of factors, including timeliness, style, and any number of editorial requirements that may not necessarily reflect on your writing ability.
10. Because TNA’s publications are quarterly, it may be several weeks before we are able to assess the article and determine if or when it can be published. If you have submitted a piece and haven't heard back from us in 4 to 6 weeks, feel free to contact us by email.
11. TNA will accept fact-based/research articles as well as opinion pieces.
12. By submitting your work for publication, you acknowledge that Texas Nursing owns the rights to each story and will edit for clarity, length, and any other necessary changes.