Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Posted by: Kanaka Sathasivan
As 2018 comes to a close, we pause to reflect on all we’ve accomplished the past year. It wouldn’t have been possible without you, our members.
Numbers we’re proud of:
- 1 new building purchased, upgraded and decorated
- 7 Leaders and Legends of Texas Nursing recognized in June
- 14 online CNE courses launched, including nursing peer review, health information technology and those mandatory for license renewal
- 35 DNP Student Policy Fellowships completed in July
- 49 nurses surveyed in six health information technology focus groups across the state
- 600+ members engaged in committee work to develop policy positions.
- 13,000+ members served
This year saw a lot of firsts. The first Policy Summit was held in April. We launched the monthly Nurse Talks Empowerment Series in September. And Texas Nurses Foundation awarded two advocacy scholarships.
Our brilliant, innovative and dedicated members worked with us to help develop resources for all nurses, including a suicide prevention resource guide, the Nurses in Office initiative, and the Care for the Caregiver toolkit, with HIT resources and a maternal health toolkit coming soon.
In 2019, we look forward to providing our members with more opportunities to be involved and advance the profession of nursing! Join us at the 10th biennial Nurse Day at the Capitol, where we celebrate 20 years of bringing nurses together to advocate. Mark your calendars for the first Virtual Career Fair on March 26. Stay up to date with our activity at the Capitol on Twitter.
And be on the lookout for updates throughout the year on the TPAPN restructure, the improved 2019 Policy Summit and the work of our 11 new 2018-2019 DNP Student Policy Fellows.
Did you accomplish anything interesting, groundbreaking or valuable to the community in 2018? Send us your story!
We hope you and your loved ones have restful, healthy and happy holidays. We’ll see you in the New Year!